Strycker’s Bay Neighborhood Council, a community based non‐profit organization is now
recruiting interns to fill 2 available positions as Program and Resource Development Associates.
Interns will work as a team with the Executive Director to assess program needs and develop
funding strategies to support program activities. Interns will work closely with each other,
under the guidance of the director, to research and approach potential funding sources
(corporations, foundations, and government agencies).
1. All candidates must be enrolled in college or have an undergraduate degree.
2. Candidates should be resourceful, organized, and very responsible.
3. Applicants should have an interest in working in the non‐profit field and must be
4. able to work in open, community‐based offices with plenty of client and staff activity.
5. Must have excellent writing and proofreading skills and be able to meet proposal submission deadlines.
6. Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
7. Applicants must know how to use the internet for research. 8. 2.8 GPA required
Learning and Work Experience Benefits:
Strycker’s Bay Neighborhood Council is on the frontline everyday providing essential social service counseling, homelessness prevention, and youth programming for residents of the Upper West Side community. Our interns have used their experience to move on to employment with government and citywide not‐for‐profit agencies. Successful applicants will gain essential hands on experience in the daily operations of a community based non‐profit organization. Interns will also learn what it takes to keep a small non‐profit operating in NYC in the face of a tight budget.
Hours: Minimum of 15 Hours per Week
Term: One and Two Semester Options Available
Compensation: Small Monthly Stipend and Metro Card Provided
Interested candidates should reply by submitting resumes and references to no later than June 30, 2011: Kelley Williams, Executive Director Strycker’s Bay Neighborhood Council email@example.com Strycker’s Bay Neighborhood Council, Inc. 72 West 109 th Street NYC NY 10025 212.874.7272