Registration for the 2015-2016 after school program year at P.S.84 begins now. We are restructuring our program next year to best accommodate the P.S.84 community.
The following policies have been put into place:
- Our program operates Monday through Friday from 2:50 PM to 6 PM. We DO NOT operate program on half days, holidays, and school breaks.
- The weekly program rate for our program is $125 per week. In order to qualify for reduced rate or free slot, you must submit your School Foods certification letter. Based on your eligibility for reduced or free lunch, the rates are as followed:
- Weekly Rates
- $125…Standard weekly fee
- $75…If you receive reduced price lunch fees and your household income is $70,000-$89,999
- $50..If you receive reduced price lunch fees and your household income is $50,000-$69,999
- $25…If you receive reduced price lunch fees and your household income is $0-$49,999
- If your child receives free lunch, you may be eligible for free slot. We ask that your family make a suggested $15 to $20 monthly donation. This donation will help us continue to purchase much needed program supplies (i.e. pencils, paper, sports equipment, etc…).
- Slots for each rate are limited. The earlier we receive your completed package, the sooner we can process your request.
- All invoices are FINAL. Credits and/or pro rated fees will not be given.
- ALL application documents and your first payment is due at time of registration. You will receive an acceptance letter once all documents and payments have been processed. Without an acceptance letter your child may not begin program.
- All prior balances must be paid in full in order to register for the new program year. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Payments must be received by our monthly due date in order for our program and operations to run effectively. More than ONE missed payment will result in your child being dismissed from our program. Your child may not return until we have received your owed balance. A 10% late fee will be added to your account balance.
- Drop In Policy: Our program understands that many families may not need child care for the full week, but may need a few days per week. In order to provide a safe space for all of the children in the program, it is imperative your family commits to the drop in days you have registered for.
- Same Day Drop In Policy: You must make arrangements to pay over the phone no later than 11:30 AM. We also must have a completed application and drop in agreement on file before your child can attend our program.
For more information, please contact Christine Byrd-Tucker, Director of Youth Services, for more information.
Our first week of camp, which began on June 29th, 2015, was a HUGE success thanks to our dedicated staff, amazing families, and energetic youth participants. Our first week together was spent getting to know one another, participating in orientations for our basketball and soccer clinics, summer art projects, and exploring the Upper West Side.
Follow our exciting journey this summer each week as we post new pictures on our LACASA Kids Facebook page! Below is a sneak peek of what our campers were up to.